Compactlogix /Micrologix Messaging trouble

bstewart10

Hi,*

New to the site. I am trying to meassge between a Compactlogix 1769-L18ER-B1BB and a Micrologix 1400.

I am using Studio 5000 V24. I can find plenty of videos giving instructions on how to do this . However, when I get to the "Communication" portion of the MSG instruction I cannot see my Micrologix and manually inputting the IP doesnt work either. If I try to add the ML 1400 as a new module in the control organizer I cannot see it there either. I can however ping the ML as well as see it in RSLINX. Any help would be appreciated.

One last note. If I try to add the ML 1400 as a module it is also not listed in the "Catalog" section to be selected as a module type.

The MicroLogix 1400's (and 1100's for that matter) don't support EtherNet/IP CIP, only PCCC so it won't show up in the IO tree nor will be be a module in the "catalog". You need to use a "SLC Type Read" or "SLC Type Write" in the "Message Type" when setting up your message instruction in the CompactLogix. There are two basic types of EtherNet/IP, CIP and PCCC and they are not compatible with each other. The MicroLogix only supports PCCC (as does a SLC5/05) however the CompactLogix will support both which is why you need to tell it to use PCCC (that's what setting up a "SLC Type Read/Write does). Do another google/YouTube search for messaging between a CompactLogix and a MicroLogix (not to be confused with Micro 800's).