Counter to 1769-IQ16f

TLK1980

Hello,

I'm trying to program a counter with a 15ms duty cycle to a 1769-IQ16F and I'm not getting all of the counts. Can someone explain to me how this should be done?

Egg Counter.PNG

Where is this logic being executed? In a periodic task? (recommended) on in the main task? Your scan time may be longer than the cycle rate. Plus, I think it takes one scan to reset the CTU, so you loose that one scan of input.

Both methods you programmed should work just fine, provided your scan time of the routine AND the RPI of the IQ16 module are less than half the period between input pulses, and the pulses stay high long enough for the scan to see them, but not so long that they're still on during the next scan.

Are you saying the period between pulses is 15ms?

Can you verify any of those settings?

Last edited:
This logic is in a periodic task that is called every 10ms and the RPI is set to every 2ms. The max count should be 40 eggs a second. It still is missing counts, I can see them on the input card indication light but they are not adding to my egg count array.

Egg Counter.PNG