DF1 full duplex protocol - AB PLC5 to Proface 2400

I have a client who has replaced an obsolete HMI with a PROFACE 2400.
The original HMI was connected to the AB PLC5 using the DF1 full duplex protocol.

HOW CAN I USE DF1 POINT TO POINT (FULL DUPLEX) TO COMMUNICATE BETWEEN THE AB PLC5 AND THE PROFACE 2400?

DF1

You can only use DF1 protocol if the device is compatable.

You configure chanel (0)zero on the PLC-5 for point to point using the configuration screen. Actually an easy process, don't sweat it.

Ref. A-B Publication #1785-6.5.12
Page 11-6

Why must you use DF1 protocol?

Good luck
Roger

DF1

I can not locate A-B Publication #1785-6.5.12 on the "AB Manauls Online" web pages.

Any ideas where I can get this info?

Or would it be possible to email page 11-6?

The reason to use Df1 is that the replacement HMI is one of a bank of interchangable unit and all the other devices are using this protocol. All the othe other devices would have to be changed $$$$$$$$

Best regards,

Darren

DF1 Master Slave Success

It works

All the information provided was correct

"THE BUG BEAR WAS THAT BOTH THE PLC AND THE HMI MUST HAVE THE SAME NODE ADDRESS I.E. 1, WHEN OPERATING AS DF1 MASTER SLAVE"

Thank you very much for your help

beerchug

Best regards

Darren