Allen Bradley Module Question

tranmeister

Hello,

I am currently using a 1794-IE8xOE4 Module with a 1794-TB3G Base for a project. http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1794-um062_-en-p.pdf
I checked all the wiring and communication of this module and made sure it was installed correctly.
There seems to be a issue where in the morning the module begans to fault. The only solution to this is unplugging and replugging the module and then all the normal operations will continue.
Do you guys have any ideas on what may be causing this issue? I also unplugged the module and replaced the module from another panel box. The same issue occurs in the morning. I only have to reset it once per day to have it working.

I've had more failures of FlexI/O modules then any other. Same symptom, unplug it, stick it back in, it works for a while.
Are the little slide connectors for the bus connection in solid? Try unseating and reseating them?
We generally go ahead and replace the module and the base as a unit.

Power issues? Something starting up in the morning that might cause power spikes?

Is the power supply for these modules used for other purposes?

The connections are tight and solid. We just recently placed a order to replace the module and base.

The power supply also supplies other modules

I believe the module works fine, but after production is idle for a few hours, then when they restart it, seems like the communication adapter is not scanning the analog module anymore. To remedy this we usually just unplug and replug it in.

We have other iO modules that work fine all the time but there is also another counter module next to the analog module that also fails frequently. We apply the same fix to it before.

The counter and analog modules are at the last two slots for the adapter

This power supply, does it also provide power for inductive loads?

If so you might want to separate those.