how to interface timer, ammeter and voltmeter to plc

chocobo244

hi need some help here.

I would like to know how I can read the value of the timer, voltmeter and ammeter to my PLC to ensure that it can be read digitally?

Also, how am I able to display the pulse function in PLC ?
And is there any adapter that I can interface from my PLC output coz the connection from my PLC output should be flexibly connected to any connection points on my application.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Which PLC?
Model, etc?
Pulse function of PLC? Are you referring to an input pulse?
You need an inexpensive HMI that can display text at bare minimum.

my plc model is nais panasonic afpx-c60r.
Yes , I am having an input pulse .....

And pls explain what by an inexpensive HMI that can display text at bare minimum.

Thanks and regards

HMI stands for human machine interface, its a display unit that can write and or read values from and to the plc,

I am not quite sure why u want to connect your voltmeter to the input or how! but as for the pulse input to your plc, do you mean you want to know the characteristics of your pulse ?? and view the data from a hmi ??if so then, you need to set up an internal timer when the pulse is on start the timer and when the pulse is off stop the timer and store the timer's value to a register in the plc and then read it from a HMI!

please give more info on what exactly you want to do...and what you have done so far!!

hope this help.K

i am connecting voltmeter or ammeter to monitor current/voltage status. For eg, I am connecting ammeter to single phase voltage supply to monitor its current.

As for the pulse input, it's just a one shot pulse to close a circuit contact and view the signal from a hmi on its start time and stop time if possible. Right now, think I can program the pulse function on the plc using one shot function. Just need to view it on a touchscreen or hmi.

function

something like that....and i also wan to display the rotation of three phase motor if it is in phase or out of phase.