Disable printer port on AB PanelView 600

andreakog

Hi to everyone,
I'm writing from Italy...
I'm trying to disable the rs232 printer port of an AllenBradley Panelview 600 but I can't reach my goal:

1- I enter in configuration mode pressing <> buttons on terminal
2- I enter in printer setup
3- I press F7 function key to toggle "enable/disable" printing

but... when I press the F7 key it doesn't toggle at all!! The Key is functioning (the button on the screen become hilightened) but no action occour... :(
so printing is always enabled and I can't upload/download the application.

Do u know if there is some other method to change?

Thanx in advance,
Andrea.

rPraveenkum said:
what is the cat. no of the PV
I hope in certain PV the Printer port can not be diable it is dedicated printer port

it's a 2711-K6C9... on the manual is specified that you can change the mode... maybe it has a old firmware revision?

rPraveenkum said:
2711-K6C9 has only printer port you should use the other port(Port:rs232 protocol :dh485) for upload/download.

I've tryed also the other port but no success...
I've used this cable pinout:

2-2
3-3
4-4
5-5
6-6
7-7
8-8

on the panelview there is a running application, I need to backup the application.. the port speaks with a SL500 and when I try to communicate with rslinx DF1 the autosensing doesn't find the right config... also trying directly from panelbuilder32 has no success :(
I need to commuicate through 485 with the pcmcia PCMK adaptor?

Last edited: