Red Lion G304K2 Comm issues

noxcuses

I have a G304K2 connected to an Allen-Bradley L16ER Compactlogix processor. When the two are connected everything works as it should for several hours. Then the G3 will stop communicating and drops off the network. I've tried several new cables and have plugged the G3 directly into the PLC port with a short cable with the same results. The connection light on the switch doesn't change, so it has an ethernet hardware connection. The G3 doesn't reply to PINGS when this happens and the COM light flashes once every second.

To fix I cycle power on the G3 and everything goes back to normal for several hours. Any suggestions???

I am having the same issues with a G307K200 talking to a 1769-L30ER.
Sometimes it will work for hours before the comms drop out, but sometimes it will only last minutes.
GetDeviceStatus returns 101h when working but goes to 12h when it fails.
Restarting the HMI with CommitAndReset() gets it going again.
This is with 515.003 firmware and Native tags via L5k

Last edited:
This is something that we are working to resolve. In the meantime from our testing if you add a 100msec comms delay to each device it should fix the issue.

Thanks
Jeremy