Studio 5000 v21?

Tharon

I'm trying to find some info on RSLogix 5000's new name...

I've been using 5000 for a few years now, and our old project is still on version 13. Don't want/need to upgrade, but our new project has a controller using version 21. So I am stuck unable to connect to it once the OEM leaves, though I do have a copy of the offline project.

I have a Tech Connect contract (unfortunately it is currently after 5PM and I can't call them). I used to get new versions of RSLogix 5000 every year. Does that apply to the new software with version 21 as well?

If I have two valid RSLogix 5000 licenses, and a Tech Connect contract, can I get Studio 5000 without having to buy it? I searched around on AB's website and couldn't find any info on downloading it, and I did search through this site a bit trying to see if anyone had asked this before.

Thanks.

Try this link it should get you to the software download page, then type Studio in the product search box, select the version you want to download, then select download it will open another page then select the icon in the downloads box, this will then take you to a login page where you need to verify that you qualify to download the software, you need your company name and the software serial number.

Alan

If I have two valid RSLogix 5000 licenses, and a Tech Connect contract, can I get Studio 5000 without having to buy it?

Absolutely yes.

Alan's link goes to the firmware and tools download service. It's similar but different from the bigger Rockwell Software service.

You actually want to start here: [RA Software Download Website]

You need both a personal login to the RA system, as well as the credentials for your Company Name and Serial Number. If you've ever used the Forums or the Knowledgebase you have an account.

The name that came up as the first hit when I used the keyword "Studio" is "9324-RLD700ENE - Studio 5000 PRO EN-Formerly RSLogix". The full download is almost 4.5 GB, so warm up the cablemodem.

Absolutely yes.

Alan's link goes to the firmware and tools download service. It's similar but different from the bigger Rockwell Software service.

You actually want to start here: [RA Software Download Website]

You need both a personal login to the RA system, as well as the credentials for your Company Name and Serial Number. If you've ever used the Forums or the Knowledgebase you have an account.

The name that came up as the first hit when I used the keyword "Studio" is "9324-RLD700ENE - Studio 5000 PRO EN-Formerly RSLogix". The full download is almost 4.5 GB, so warm up the cablemodem.

Sure you don't mean put a fan on it?
:)

Good to know, unfortunately my newest license serial number is giving me a "The serial number is out of support." error. Guess I will have to figure that one out in the morning.

Good to know, unfortunately my newest license serial number is giving me a "The serial number is out of support." error. Guess I will have to figure that one out in the morning.

You probably have a techconnect support only agreement.

$$$$$$ for software upgrades.

Hmm. Says I have:
Automation 1-4 8to5 Product Support
PRODUCT SUPPORT (FORMERLY DIRECTCONNECT) (8-5, M-F) - HMI & COMMUNICATION SOFTWARE SUPPORT

(Sorry for the caps, just copy/pasted from the TechConnect website.)

Edit:
I was getting new software packages every year. A big envelope of discs containing all the newest versions.

Hmm. Says I have:
Automation 1-4 8to5 Product Support
PRODUCT SUPPORT (FORMERLY DIRECTCONNECT) (8-5, M-F) - HMI & COMMUNICATION SOFTWARE SUPPORT

(Sorry for the caps, just copy/pasted from the TechConnect website.)

Edit:
I was getting new software packages every year. A big envelope of discs containing all the newest versions.

Sounds like you should be able to download then.
Make sure the product you are downloading has the same part number as the one you have support for.

Seems like it may be a software registration issue.

I have two serial number for 500, one 5000, and one Factory Talk View at the moment, and one of the 500 and the 5000 numbers pop up out of service (two newest of those), but the other 500 and Factory Talk are accepted and go to the correct download page.

I was able to get with the software guy from the local distributor, so I think I'll be able to sort it out.

I had the same issue, when I started we had a bunch of licenses that were out of support. You need an AB rep to have the serial number "reactivated" and then you can punch it into the RA site and download the software.

Ken is right I have a fast connection here and it took a couple of hours to download

Ya, few minutes with Tech Connect this morning and they found the problem and are fixing the link between the software and my account. Just got to wait a bit for it to go through.