Ab compact logix l32e eds files

Byron

Lifetime Supporting Member
Greetings.
AB COMPACT LOGIX L32E EDS FILES- where are they?
I went here: http://www.ab.com/networks/eds/cgi-bin/search.cgi and they DON'T exist.

PROBLEM: In RSLINX the PLC is not even shown. The system is fully functional and operational. I can PING everything. NO ICONS, NO !, NO ?

I searched Google and here... found STEVE BAILEY and his issues in 2010:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=52815
BUT I don't even have a question mark ... NOTHING in RSLINX.

Have they abandoned support for the L32E? I know there are boatloads of unsolved issues on them.

EDIT... way down in the list, the prefix numbers start over... FOUND THEM...;-)

Last edited:
just a GUESS - but you say that you don't even have a "question mark" ... then I'm betting (pocket change only) that the EDS files aren't going to help ...

in RSLinx are you using the "Ethernet Devices" driver? ... in that one you have to manually type in the IP address ...

on the other hand ...

if you're using the Ethernet/IP driver, it "should" be able to automatically browse for things which are "Ethernet/IP" compliant ... note that not all devices which have IP addresses are "Ethernet/IP" compliant ...

tell us more about which driver you're using, etc. ...

Last edited:
EDIT:
Ron... the driver is named: "AB_ETHIP-1 A-B Ethernet" configuration: Browse Local Subnet; then my Ethernet controller that has my laptop IP address. I can PING the PLC with no problem. There are NO icons in Linx for the driver above. I am connected via COM1 serial and have icons there no problem.

So now I have 2 EDS files installed with the Hardware Installation Tool. Restarted Linx... still no icons at all for the AB_ETHIP driver.

Last edited:
I am connected via COM1 serial

OK ... can you go IN through the controller's serial port - and "drill down" to the controller's Ethernet port? ... in other words, sneak in through the back door - and take a look and see how the Ethernet port is set up ...

another straw at which to grasp ...

set up a NEW driver - and use the "Ethernet Devices" driver instead of Ethernet/IP ... manually type your controller's IP address into the driver's configuration window ...

EDIT: Just saw what you said... I will do that now..

In case you are wondering about the hardware: I am not on site so the I-O is ignored so the PLC is not faulted when I go into RUN.

Confused I am...

Two questions:
Rslinx version ??, Rslogix 5K version ??
Did you get EDS files from the page I recommended.

RSLINX LITE V.2.58.00
RSL5K V.19.01.00(CPR 9 SR3)

which brings up a question... above I show v.19.01 but the project firmware shows 19.11 ... I don't understand. I thought the firmware was the same as the version I am programming in.

?
EDIT... YES... I got the EDS from the page you recommended. What I found out about the search is it is finicky as to what you put in the search criteria. I ended up with several different choices and I was looking for Compact Logix L32E Version 19 in particular.
Thanks Again!

Last edited:
Hi,

Are you running Linx on your host PC or on a VM? Have had issues before where I've had to restore network settings for that particular VM to default to get Linx to refresh and then see devices using the ETH-IP driver.

The other thing to check is your firewall. You may have to create a rule, or just temporarily disable it to eliminate it.

Regards,

Rob