WinCC Flexible 2008 PC RT - 2 projects running on 1 PC

Tajak

Hello folks,

does anyone of you experienced running two different WinCC Flexible Runtime projects on single PC with two monitors (extended desktop, Windows 7 32-bit)?

It seems to be working but I am facing one problem - how to force the application "1" to be displayed automatically on firts screen (monitor no.1) and the other one on the second screen (monitor no.2)... They both naturally start on the screen which is set to be the "main" (with desktop things).

I don't know how to make this except for writing some external application...

Thanx for any idea...

Cheers

How do you run 2 WinCC Flex PC RT projects at the same time one the same PC ?
I would really like to know if it is possible, but I think not.
The only way to run multiple PC RT projects on one PC (that I know of) is to run them in several VMs, such as VMware.

Hi Jesper...

Yep, I found the same replies like yours when I was googling around and I actually don't understand what could be the problem?

I tried it today afternoon, there are two screens configed as extended desktop, one project has been already running for a few months (WinCC Flex PC RT, Profibus comm.) and there is going to be another technology running along with (another PLC, etc.)... The problem is that the PLC is not fully prepared and electrically connected yet so I wasn't able to actually try if the second WinCC Flex PC RT project really communicates with PLC(again Profibus)... I will try this in a few days ahead. But the new application itself is running without any problems as it seems with the old one...

What do you think that could be the problem?

If there is some issue, I will have to take into consideration the option you mentioned above - VMware, etc. ...

Last edited:
I dont understand what you write there.
Do you have two windows with each its own WinCC Flexible PC RT instance running ? Can you post a screenshot ?
Siemens has programmed it into WinCC Flex PC RT that only 1 instance can run at a time. So it shouldnt be possible at all.

We are going to try it tomorrow so I will inform you how is it working or not...

There is only one PC with one system (Win 7 Prof. 32-bit) installed on it, two monitors configured for extended desktop and installation of licensed WinCC Flexible RT...

What I have tried so far is that there were 2 WinCC Flex PC RT applications running at the same time (let's call them "old" and "new" one). The old one has been running there for a few months, it already controls a process... The new WinCC Flex PC RT application is already developed so I was able to run it along with the old application except for there was no PLC connection with this new application yet... And there was no problem at all at this level... I am really wondering at the moment how it is tomorrow when we connect PC via second profibus channel and try to exchange some data... I will provide you with some pics if we are succesful.

I don't think it can be done either. If you have one project in "Runtime" and you try to start another, the first one will close automatically.

@Tejak
Have Really Run Multiple WinCC Flexible RT Application on Single Computer.
If Yes Please send Configration and Details of your system.

Nilesh 🔨

I dont understand what you write there.
Do you have two windows with each its own WinCC Flexible PC RT instance running ? Can you post a screenshot ?
Siemens has programmed it into WinCC Flex PC RT that only 1 instance can run at a time. So it shouldnt be possible at all.

I know this is an old thread but it's something I am looking at doing just now. I picked up from the Siemens website that it is possible to run multiple instances on a single pc by modifying your HmiRTm.ini file at your WinCC flexible Runtime installation path within your PC. It contains something like this:

[configuration]
;LoadConfigFile=PDataDef.fwx
[Application]
ShowSplashWnd=True
OnlyOneInstance=True
SuppressTopMost=True

Change "OnlyOneInstance=True" to "OnlyOneInstance=False" and you're done!

I'm now looking at licence requirements when running 2 runtimes together. Trying to find out if I will need 1 or 2 licences? That's how I found this thread.