wincc flexible 2008 rt, more then 8 connections

apetkov5

Hi all,

I have 9 PLCs s7-1200, all in switched ethernet network, to connect with wincc flexible 2008 RT

As i remember, that i read somewhere, maximum number of connections i 8, so if i use "direct" connection i can not do this.

Is it possible to do it by using OPC server?

So opc server is conncected to 9 PLCs and WinCC flexi is connected only to OPC server (having just one connection)?

Please advice what OPC server to use?

PC when RT is running have Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Thanx in advance.

Yes, you have understood it correctly.

You need Simatic Softnet IE. The regular version, not the LEAN version which is also limited to 8 connections.

tnx jesper!

just one question... if neaded to reduce cost, can it be done like 7 "regular" connections to winccflexible, and 8-th connection is softnet Lean version that communicate with another two plcs (and have next 7 conncetion for spare)?

Connections

Hello,

Do the connections need to stay active ?
If not, you could use the system function Change Connection.

Kind Regards,
G

you can do it on different ways:
1) use of OPC server as explained above
2) you could use s7 connection between one s7-1200 and one (or couple) of other directly (put/get exchange). that way you would reduce the number of connections to wincc as one plc would relay data for one or couple more)

i have done it both ways so it works.
1st is easier, 2nd is cheaper, your choice

EDIT:
if you, by chance, have v4 firmware, then you could use I/O contreller option and number 2 would be the way to go.

you can do it on different ways:
1) use of OPC server as explained above
2) you could use s7 connection between one s7-1200 and one (or couple) of other directly (put/get exchange). that way you would reduce the number of connections to wincc as one plc would relay data for one or couple more)

i have done it both ways so it works.
1st is easier, 2nd is cheaper, your choice

EDIT:
if you, by chance, have v4 firmware, then you could use I/O contreller option and number 2 would be the way to go.

balash, i will use OPC because i can not change anything in plc pls programs...

anyway i dont think that v4 firmware is on cpus... but i/o controler option is good idea in another situations...

Yes, you have understood it correctly.

You need Simatic Softnet IE. The regular version, not the LEAN version which is also limited to 8 connections.

Jesper,

to use simatic softnet IE, do i nead special ethernet cp card or i can use standard pc ethernet card integrated on motherboard)?

(Siemens guys want to sell me specialized cp :)

Jesper,

to use simatic softnet IE, do i nead special ethernet cp card or i can use standard pc ethernet card integrated on motherboard)?

(Siemens guys want to sell me specialized cp :)

No. Just use the normal one..

(you need the siemens-cp only if using ISO connection and lots of connections..)