moxa ethernet I/O or Cellular wireless I/O

diat150

Lifetime Supporting Member
Has anyone used the moxa products? I am most interested in the capability to do exception based reporting. basically the device connects to their opc server and reports when there is an upset. this is extremely helpful when you are communicating over cellular or satellite networks. with this capability you can poll just once or twice a day, but still get alarms when you get an upset.

so has anyone used these products and what did you think?

we used to use the wireless access points. really reliable. had the alarm relay outputs and everything. din mountable and durable. there are awesome prices on them if you look around. see one on ebay for $149 now and another for $350 or so.