Factory Talk Historian SE

rleon

Hi:

I am new in FT Historian SE. I have to install the system and purchased a license key. I read the installation guide but is some issues that are not clear.

I have a 500 Third Party Data Tags license

What that excatly mean? What is the difference with the Live Data tags license?

If I install the server, it is enoguh to create and run a application or I have to purchase another license for a client for example?. What happen if I want to use the server computer to see data, trending and reports?

I also have FT View SE with a server-client application, but I'm not sure if I have to integrate with Historian, if I want to use some ActiveX in my view application I will have to buy another license?

Someone has installed Historian? Any arquitecture suggest?

My requeriments are only to recolect data and make trendings, reports, stadistics, filters, and printings, don't care in what machine I have to make that.

Thanks!

I do not know the difference in licensing, however I just completed an install of Historian SE.
You do not need an aditional license to use the Trendx object in a View SE client app, but there are several options that need to be installed on each client and the server, I believe that they are located under the aditional options menu in the installation program.
They are the SE Security Update, and the SE Trend Update.
you will also need to add the historian server to the SE project using FT Admin console.
THIS MUST BE DONE ON THE HISTORIAN SERVER.
It is not possible to add this server from another location.
Then you will be able to use the trend object in the SE Client to view historical data once you have added tags to the historian.

Thanks for your help Stone, really.

When you add the tags, how the Historian creates and organizes the databases? For example in View you create a datalog X with 3 tags, and that datalog X is a database in DAT format or ODBC for that 3 tags. How is the equivalent in Historian? Use SQL Server? The tables are created automatically?

Apart from the Trending, do you made some other things in Historian, like reports or stadistics?

Thanks

When you add tags to the historian, they are all automatically created in one large database. to generate reports or derive statistics you will need either the datalink plugin for Microsoft Excel, or Processbook. Datalink allows Excel to directly access historian data and manipulate it, Processbook allows you to create pages similar to ViewSE that can be viewed by others in a more user friendly environment.

Problems with FT Historian server

Here is my problem.. I installed FT Historian server on Windows 2003 Server and everything is fine. I managed to get connection with historian in admin console in my network directory.. My laptop is a workstation where are Rslinx classic,rslinx enterprise server,rslogix 5000,rslogix 5000 emulate. FT directory server is also on my win2003 server machine.. In "Specify FT directory location" on laptop I chosed machine where is historian server and directory server.that`s ok and it is working. But when I log into NETWORK FT directory with my laptop I see historian server but the icon is " ? " when I click it says that I can`t view properties because historian has´t been installed,but he exist in fact.. FT historian server INTERFACE Is installed on laptop. I also tried to put another machine just for FT Directory server,but is the same... When I log to FT network directory in server machine my rslinx enterprise(which is on laptop) is also " ? " :mad: Please , I need any help I can get.. Thanks!

untitled.jpg untitled2.jpg