RSLogix 5000

eastkodakguy

Hey guys&girls
I am having a problem with RSlogix 5000, the addresses are not like the RSlogix 5 & 500, is there anyway to make them look like the 5 or 500 (I:1/01) etc. I have looked for a rslogix 5000 ab course to take and have found none.

In rslogix 5000 you have to create your own data table. You give the words/bits tagnames, rather than addresses. You can name them whatever you want, i.e. n7;0/0, and make them similar to PLC 5 tables, but you get 47 characters per name, so you could call things what they really are. If I remember correctly, the I/O has some structure similar tto the slot/bit reference in the PLC's. I/O has to be defined, also.

Rockwell has all kinds of training courses on their stuff. I took one called "programming Logix5000 systems using logix 5000 software.It's been almost a year ago, and I haven't looked at a logix 5000 system since, and I don't remember many details. What I do remember is that this controllogix system is a different puppy. If you're used to 5's and 500's, the configuration required with the controllogix system will stifle you. I suggest you take a class--look at ab's website to find one--there are several--all over the place.

EastKodakguy you probably want to look at aliases to see how to create your own tag names for your inputs and outputs.

Also look at creating arrays so that you can create something similar to the data files in a PLC or SLC.

The ControlLogix is a different animal and does not use traditional data files. It is actually much easier once you get used to it. But it is very different.

When you install the RSLogix5000 software you have an option to install the User Manuals. Go to Help then Online Books to access the manuals.

As far as classes, make sure you are looking for ControlLogix classes not RSLogix5000 classes. Go to AB.com and select the customer training link.

OG