Client Server Communication Through RSView-SE

pise_jeevan

Hi,

I am facing a problem of connecting to a Remote server Via. Client in Rs View SE Application.

My Server is communicated to Processor with Ethernet Driver to CLX and Client pC is connected to server through Remote Device Via. Linx Gateway.

But when i give Factory Talk Directory Location and when i Browse for the server it shows Read only Status.

and Next i dont Know how to Proceed.

Please help me Out.

pise_jeevan said:
But when i give Factory Talk Directory Location and when i Browse for the server it shows Read only Status.

I'm not sure what you mean by that.
Could it be that your network/domain rights don't allow the machine or user access to the information you need?

AK

I will Explain

Hi,
In Factory Talk Directory Location when i set Remote and gives the name of the Server then it shows Readonly Status.

In My Client Application Factory Talk Directory Location where i Specify my Server's name is showing read only status .

or can any body give me the Full Procedure of Configuring Client -Server Communication through RSView SE .

I would start with making sure the client is configured right there is a check box on the setup that you can make it read only

Then i would look at the activation for the client make sure it is either on the local machine or that it is on the FTD

once you have open Rsview se client and hit new it easy to follow make sure you give it a name and you give it the application in the ftd that you want to connect to!!!

also make sure you do not check read only, Once that is complete then point to the area you want to connect with then the intial display, and any start up shut down macros you might have (note: Depending on your macro you might not have to set up the intial display) you will have a choice to maximize the screen

Do you have your activation for the client on the local machine or on the ftd either way it will grab that activation (if it is on the FTD you might want to make sure that another cient has not got ahold of it)

I Have all Licences and proper setting with hardware ,

can you give me the Start to End Procedure of hoe to congifure the Client Server Configuration,
Please Its urgent

Waiting