Can not save as an upload program from slc 5/04

vivi

PLC is new for me and I try to upload some programs from SLC 501,502, and 504 for backup file. Some reason I could not save the upload program from the SLC 504.If any body know, I am really appreciate. Thanks

Are you getting an error code or just not able to see the program file after upload?
Just out of curiosity what directory are you saving them too.

The Whole line were running and everything works normally. There were no errors or messages appear when tried to save the file online. I have not seen this problem before.

There were no error or any message appear when I tried to save the file online. I saved them in the C: drive. Normally, when I do a save as file, it will ask the file name to be saved. But there was not appear at this processor.

Yes RSLogix 500 v8.1, I saw a program file name on the file menu. When I opened it, it said that the file name is no longer exist. So I have to upload the file over again. And every time I go online on that processor, I have to upload it again to be able to see the program.

The next time you upload the file. Before you do anything else. Go to the file in the menu and choose SAVE AS Make sure you save it to the correct directory. Are you sure your uploading the program or just going on line?

The funny thing about this is that when I choose the SAVE AS on the file menu, it does not asking the file name or the directory. I can save the file on SLC 501,502, 503 but not SLC 504. My boss and other engineers from different plant came to check it out, but they still don't have any clue.

It might be a Windows or a RSLogix issue. What exact version of Windows are you using? This suggestion may be a little drastic, but, I would re-install RSLogix first to see if it would help.

It might be a Windows or a RSLogix issue. What exact version of Windows are you using? This suggestion may be a little drastic, but, I would re-install RSLogix first to see if it would help.

Hello.

Vivi, do you have another PC or laptop with RSLogix 500? I would try to upload and save as on another cpu first if possible.

So when you "Save As" and nothing happens, are you saying that NO file appears in the target directory? That is passing strange...

Have you possibly had any unauthorized personnel monkeying around with the plant programming computer?

What happens if you upload and are online then exit RSlogix?
It should ask you to save it.
Does your program have the symbols and descriptions or is it just the addresses?
Run eventvwr.msc and look in applications for RSlogix or rockwell entries.