s7 1200 to red lion controls

johnmck66

Has anyone tried to use a HMI with S7 1200 that is a third party.
I have Red Lion Control device I would like to use with S7 1200, I cannot figure out how to add it to my project

Which Red Lion HMI are you using. The reason I ask is that you can not as far as I know connect a Red Lion directly to a S7-1200. THe G3's currently do not have a driver to talk directly to a S7-1200. We are currently working on a way around this using Modbus. Testing has been suppended right now due to other jobs but this route does have promise.

Thanks for your replies guys,I have managed to get some results using the S7 300 Ethernet driver. It is a G310 the screen I have for playing around with.
Just need to see how far I can go with it now.