HMI button problem

Greg7683

I have been trying for 2 weeks the problem is when we use the manual mode on the robot in order for us to be able to put in back in Auto Mode we have to turn the manual mode on/off/on/off for it to work. We can't just push the button to off once done we have to turn the manual off then on again then off again for it to run in auto.

I believe you were using the Weinview equivalent to WeinTek HMI with EB8000
Can you post the button set up or the whole HMI program. The buttons can be tricky depending on what you want to do with them. Are you manipulating it in PLC such as with a one-shot to push manual and then push again for auto. or just using the HMI, There are many factors, easier if I saw HMI program.

is there another state the machine is in besides auto or manual. Idont understand 2 different buttons

Do you not just have one bit to signify auto/manual. For example bit x off = auto bit x on = manual?

You can use a combo switch object with EBPro, so then you could set bit x on, and bit y off with one button, then set bit x off and bit y on with another button if you are using two separate bits.

Screenshot_20181115_173914.png

Bugger, the screen you are using doesn't have the luxury of the combo object.

Rather than having the HMI button trigger a momentary change of the bit, you might be better of having it set the bit then have the PLC turn it off once it has changed the operating mode?

I see the auto as an on button and an off button, both are momentary toggles, screen 11.
Where is manual button.
I usually have my manual/auto button set as a momentary PB and check the box that says
Read/Write use different addresses. I set up a one shot in PLC to flip flop on each press of button and read the flip/flop address as on=auto-off=manual
Then I can have this button ao multiple pages

I see the auto as an on button and an off button, both are momentary toggles, screen 11.
Where is manual button.
I usually have my manual/auto button set as a momentary PB and check the box that says
Read/Write use different addresses. I set up a one shot in PLC to flip flop on each press of button and read the flip/flop address as on=auto-off=manual

If I check the boxes that say read and rite then the buttons wont work they don't act as buttons so I unchecked them so the buttons will work.

Where is manual button.

Screens 16-18 are the manual screens and each one uses a manual button on each screens all with the same addresses that's how it is set up in the PLC program I can't use the read/write function because if I do the buttons wont push/work.

Sorry, I guess I am confused as to what you are trying to do.

I thought you wanted to press a single button to turn bit ON and then press that same button to turn bit OFF.