Slc 5/05 Problems ?

RADKON

R
Hello everyone,

Some advice would be helpfull with a problem regarding a DC drive controled by a SLC 5/05.

200 HP drive with stop, start, jog, fast and slow controled via slc.

PROBLEM: No speed control when drive is started. Anolog card maintains a 4V speed reference to drive, even when stopped. Prior speed reference would be 0V when stopped.

I would guess anolog card, but other 120V outputs are missing controling other functions not related to drive.

OBSERVATION: Plant had a utility problem distroying the voltage regulator/line conditioner supplying the SLC. The SLC was supplyed without a voltage reg./line cond. for appox. 24hrs until one was installed. Since this SLC is installed in the drive cabinet, it was expectable to SCR notching for 24hrs. Speed and output problems showed up shortly after.

Any advice would be very helpfull.

kevin

Can you go on-line with the proc. and see what the analog card is being told to do?
As far as the other 120v output missing are the lights coming on for the output and no output or no lights and no outputs.
Again what is the data file showing?
If it is possible disconnect the loads on those outputs and force the output on that way you can verify the hardware end.

A little more info as far as what you've tried and are capable of would be helpful.

Drewcrew6

If you are having trouble with analog out and 120 volt out, it seems to me that you could be having a ground/neutral problem. You should look at the code online and confirm the logic, this way you will know which way to go.

Thank you mike and drew for your response,

Sorry for the lack of info. I have no way of going online to acquire more details. Plants maint. superviser is on vacation along with software.

Returned to work today while production was down. After start-up found analog still non-responsive to fast and slow inputs.
Took guess and replaced analog card. After start-up found analog and drive responsive to fast and slow inputs.
Also the 120V outputs are responsive now.

We will see what happens tomorrow when plant returns to 24hr operation. Having a very challanging week due to the heat wave on the northeast.

thanks
kevin