Maple User Number, Password check

PGilbert

I am trying to modify a Maple Systems OIT to add security to some objects on a screen. I created a Login window with two numeric entries: one for user number (system word LW-9219), one for password (system word LW-9220). I also have a display (bit lamp) to indicate if there is a password mismatch (system bit LB-9060). This only updates when the password is updated.

The problem is, if someone goes and changes the user number from '1' to '2', the password indicator still shows that the user password is okay until they try to enter a password via the password numeric entry. I could see this being confusing to the customer.

Any ideas how I can have an indicator display the current combination is okay or not? I am curious if I will have to make a Macro or if there is some system value(s) that would be easier.

To tack on to the original question -

Is there a way to make the password numeric entry NOT leave the last number displayed? That's a wee bit inconvenient.

If I could understand right,
its like you've loggedon to USER-1 and add the password,
(now while the USER-1 is logged in) someone changes the user to 2,
but since he has not entered the password again,
the password check bit does'nt re-work.

I've had the same problem,

maybe you can try to referesh screen or better to place a LOGOUT button (invisible) such that it logouts first, and another button to activate with a delay of 0.5seconds, just underneath it, with selectects user-2... and so on.

I recall logout reset the PASSWORD Error light.

PGilbert said:
To tack on to the original question -

Is there a way to make the password numeric entry NOT leave the last number displayed? That's a wee bit inconvenient.
I haven't used the Maple HMI but is there an option (in the HMI development package) to display "*" asterisks whenever a person enters their password??
That would be a quick solution.

quick workaround

PGilbert said:
I am trying to modify a Maple Systems OIT to add security to some objects on a screen. I created a Login window with two numeric entries: one for user number (system word LW-9219), one for password (system word LW-9220). I also have a display (bit lamp) to indicate if there is a password mismatch (system bit LB-9060). This only updates when the password is updated.

The problem is, if someone goes and changes the user number from '1' to '2', the password indicator still shows that the user password is okay until they try to enter a password via the password numeric entry. I could see this being confusing to the customer. Can you use a macro that will wipe the Password field clean each time the User field is open (in an "Editing" state)?
Write a "0" to the Password field when the User field is open. The user will be forced to enter a new password once they are done entering the User name. Once the Password field is = 0 , your Password mismatch indicator will be lit. Which reminds the user that they have to enter the new password.

Any ideas how I can have an indicator display the current combination is okay or not? I am curious if I will have to make a Macro or if there is some system value(s) that would be easier.
Just thinking out loud here, never worked with a Maple system before.

I found the check box on the Numeric Input Properties (on the Numeric Format tab) for Mask. This took care of the password number being displayed.

Siemener - yep, that's the issue. The only problem with what you noted is that Logout returns to User-0 with no permissions (A-F). Also, I was looking at the Macros but was having some difficulty trying to access the system words/bits. I was hoping there may be an easier way, but it looks like one limiitation of this unit.
Thanks again for the advice. At least with the password value hidden, this should be a passable solution.