RSView32 & Wonderware Intouch Install Question

markhommer

Last year, I tried to install Wonderware Intouch on the same laptop that I had RSView32 installed. The two did not play well together (DCOM conflicts) and I had to reformat my harddrive to resolve the issue. Has anyone else ran into this? I have a project coming up that requires Intouch so I need to install the software but I'm hesitant. Any ideas or solutions?

Thanks in advance.

Mark.

Yeah I had the same problem. I contacted wonderware support and they emailed me this dcom file that I ran right after installing wonderware. Just make sure you dont reboot your computer until you run this after installing.

It wont let me upload the dcom file because it is not the correct file type.

I had a similar problem when installing Intouch 9.5 sp1 on a laptop with RSviews studio/ME 4.0. Intouch ran fine but RSV studio would crash after the intouch install. System restore fixed the problem but that was not a solution since I needed intouch as well. I reloaded intouch and then reinstalled Factory talk automation platform and that seems to have worked.

Just a heads up to anyone who needs both.
Marc

Hmmm .... I've had both on my computer at the same time without problems. InTouch would have been more like version 7.x or 8.x at the time and RSView Studio 3.x, along with RSView32.

I'm in a new job since then, but even now I have IT9.5 and RSView Studio 3.x. So, that's two different computers that I've done this with, plus at least one other engineer in my last job would have had the same setup.

Have I just been lucky??

Found this out today, problem on Dell laptop

Uninstall Embassy trust suite and also there is a AB Tech note on this issue with a registry edit that fixes the DCOM registry.

Wish, I would of found this out, before having to reload windows....

hey frnds will you please send me any link to download intouch from internet please urjently required demo version will b ok