wonderware intouch installation and share wonderware intouch experience

oscarray

wonderware intouch installation
hi everybody,
I try to install wonderware intouch 10.0,
it says I should install .net framework 2.0 manually before install wonderware, but it doesnt realize I have net framework on my pc.have anyone had the same problem? I cant install intouch..
thank you

No, infact when intouch noticed I did not have the required .net frame it installed it automaticaly. Try going to the pacwest intouch forum. You have to register but it's free and they don't spam you. Some tech bulitins are for customers only but a lot of valuable info on the free side.

wonderware

No, infact when intouch noticed I did not have the required .net frame it installed it automaticaly. Try going to the pacwest intouch forum. You have to register but it's free and they don't spam you. Some tech bulitins are for customers only but a lot of valuable info on the free side.

thank you so much :)
Well,I tried all the ways, I unistalled net framework and let to install to wonderware.it did, however, asked again I didnt have it.I also unistalled framework highest versions, SP 2.0 and framework 3.5 I tought maybe due to highest version it doesnt realize, but never worked.
I also installed net framework which came with wonderware disk..same result.
mayeb too much update in XP..
I shoul try to install it to any other pc

Windows updates do cause problems in our older versions of WW. Try a clean install of XP with SP 2. I just installed WW V 10.0 last week on a year old machine running XP SP 2. All of our systems are on automatic update but I think we just install the critical updates on auto. Wish you luck!

reason could be XP SP3

Windows updates do cause problems in our older versions of WW. Try a clean install of XP with SP 2. I just installed WW V 10.0 last week on a year old machine running XP SP 2. All of our systems are on automatic update but I think we just install the critical updates on auto. Wish you luck!

I think the same, reason could be XP.I have XP SP3.I think too much updated:)

There was a similiar problem with Intouch 9.0 and .Net Framework 1.1. The solution was to install Windows Script 5.6 for Windows XP and Windows 2000. It can be download from Microsoft’s website.

Skript

There was a similiar problem with Intouch 9.0 and .Net Framework 1.1. The solution was to install Windows Script 5.6 for Windows XP and Windows 2000. It can be download from Microsoft’s website.

I have downloaded and installed it, but didnt help, here is the setup.inf requested conditions:

[Installer]
RuntimeVersion=2.0
ProductFile=Setup.msi
ProductName=Wonderware InTouch
WindowsInstallerFile=Redist\Instmsiw.exe
MSIMajorVersion=2
MSIMinorVersion=2600
OSMajorVersion=5
OSMinorVersion=1
BadOSVersion=Windows XP SP1 or higher is required to install Wonderware InTouch.
[OSVersion5.1]
ServicePackMajorVersion=3
ServicePackMinorVersion=0
[OSVersion5.2]
ServicePackMajorVersion=2
ServicePackMinorVersion=0
[PreInstall]
RunApp1=PreRequisites.exe /RunFromSetup

thank you so much

prerequest.inf

here is the prerequest file,

[MagellanNegative.MsiUpgradeCode]
UpgradeCode={F5985C2A-F09C-11D3-939B-00C04FA164DC}
Minver=1.0.0
Maxver=2.6
Name=Wonderware Application Server Version 1.0.0 to 2.5
Comment=Cannot install with Wonderware Application Server versions before 3.0 installed
Type=Negative
MinRequired=true
[MagellanUpgrade.MsiUpgradeCode]
UpgradeCode={F5985C2A-F09C-11D3-939B-00C04FA164DC}
Minver=3.0.000
Maxver=3.0.999
Name=Wonderware Application Server Version 3.0.000 to 3.0.999
Comment=Recommend upgrading currently installed Wonderware Application Server to version 3.1 or later.
MetMsg=Upgrade Recommended
XtraInfo=Version %s of Wonderware Application Server is currently installed on this Machine. We recommend upgrading to version 3.1 or later.!!Install.VersionInstalled
MinRequired=warning

[NET35.Registry]
Hive=HKLM
Key=SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\V3.5
Item=Version
Minver=3.5.21021
Maxver=4.0.0.0
Name=Microsoft.Net Framework 3.5
Comment=Required component
InstallCmd=\Redist\DOTNET\3.5\dotNetFx35.exe /qb /norestart

Intouch 10.0 SP2 is out so I would try that if you haven't already. Also, the readme file says it requires Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or .NET Framework 3.0, which are both at version CLR 2.0.50727.

I don't know if Intouch looks at the registry to determine if you have framework installed but check the "Install" value for the registry key below and make sure it's set to a 1.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v2.0.50727

intouch installing

Intouch 10.0 SP2 is out so I would try that if you haven't already. Also, the readme file says it requires Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or .NET Framework 3.0, which are both at version CLR 2.0.50727.

I don't know if Intouch looks at the registry to determine if you have framework installed but check the "Install" value for the registry key below and make sure it's set to a 1.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v2.0.50727

Dear, believe me I did my best, but didnt work.However, it was possible to install intouch on Vista.SO, I will have to work on it.My intention to intouch was for importing a program which is already running on a system.
But I got : scripts must be converted to lates version of intouch before importing
do you have any idea of it.I have installed on pc script 5.6

If I understand correctly you have InTouch version 5.6 and want to convert you app to Version 10.0 sp2?

If so you may have to convert first to 7.11 or 8 then from that to 10.0 SP 2.

intouch 7

If I understand correctly you have InTouch version 5.6 and want to convert you app to Version 10.0 sp2?

If so you may have to convert first to 7.11 or 8 then from that to 10.0 SP 2.

the application which I try to open is created under intouch 7
I have 10 right now.
how I can convert? is that reason why I get script warning?