AB 1746-N18 flashing light

Canalta

Hi,

I have an issue with an Allen Bradley SLC 500 system.

There is an analog input card (4-20mA) that has a flashing light. The light is for channel (terminal 4)and the light is a steady flash.

Is it flashing because there is a fault on that channel of the card? Or is it because it isn't getting the minimum 4 mA?

Thanks!

Check the user manual for the 1746-NI8 Analog Input Module to find out what the flashing light means. I will see if I have a copy. If so, I will look it up for you. From the Allen Bradley SLC 500 Analog Input Module 1746-NI8":

A failure of any channel diagnostic test causes the faulted channel
status LED to blink. All channel faults are indicated in bits 12–15 of the channel’s status word. Channel faults are self-clearing. When the fault conditions are corrected, the channel status LED will stop blinking and resume steady illumination.
Important: If you clear (0) a channel enable bit (11) all channel status information is reset. The module has nine LEDs. Eight of these are channel status LEDs numbered to correspond to each of the input channels, and one is a module status LED.

1746-NI8 Analog Input Module LED Indicators.JPG

Last edited: