osr instruction help

Mossman

This is an allen bradley slc 5/05 processor. This is not homework, this is actually job related. Trying to keep track of jars for seperator unit. I am using a bsl instruction. I have an input I:1/1 then B3:0/1 and B3:0/1 is addressed to the bsl instruction. When I:1/1 sees a jar it is loaded to bsl instruction. Problem is i want to use a osr instruction between I:1/1 and B3:0/1 but when I do nothing is loaded into the bsl instruction. When I bench test this without the osr I getI:1/1 loaded into bsl instruction several times. I used a timer to get this fixed but would like to know why osr did not work. any replies welcomed. I hope this all makes sense, since I am unable to show it logic form.

Thanks,
Mossman

Sorry but it doesnt make any sense what you are saying. Double click on the left side of the rung to get the mnemonics of the rung. Cut and paste it into this forum ie XIC I:1.0/1 BSL #B3:0 R6:0 B3:0/1 1
We can recreate from there and maybe able to help.
Regards Alan Case

I am not that sure what you have wrong with the BSL instruction, but make sure you have an address assigned to the OSR that is unique. I did that once and everything went bonkers, steep learning curve.

I am unable to get copy of program from the computer I use at work for programming so I will try my best this way. When I put a osr instruction between I:1/1 and B3:0/1 it won't load a bit into bsl instruction. i hope this helps. mossman

I:1/1(trigger) B3:0/1 (bsl bit)
---][------------------------( )

I:1/2 (pulse)
---][------------------------] BSL [
]File #B3:0 [
]Control R6:0 [
]Bit used B3:0/1 [
]Length 20 [

B3:1/4 (fire cyl.) O:2/1 (cyl.)
---][------------------------( )

When I:1/1 goes true and there is a one shot after it then the B3:0/1 is only on for 1 scan.
Therefore when I:1/2 pulses there is every chance B3:0/1 is off therefore an off bit is placed into the bit array.
I assume I:1/2 is a pulse from a sensor on a cog etc and I:1/1 is a sensor to detect if a can is present.
What I think is happening is I:1/2 is jittery. Try setting up a filter for that input.
Regards Alan Case

Timing. B3:0/1 is on for one scan. If the pulse (I:1/2) doesn't come on on this scan then nowt will happen.

Use your OSR, but latch (OTL) B3:0/1 instead.
Personally, I'd oneshot the pulse too, perform your BSL, and reset B3:0/1.

Oh, and don't have the pulse input arriving at the same (or similar) time to the trigger input.

Pp

Last edited: