1734-IB8S / OB8S getting 16#0203 fault. Please Help

Thanks for the replay Kurtzberger. There are only 4 modules. From left to right, 1 - 1734-IB8S, 2 - 1734-IB8S AND 1- 1734-OB8. The AENT module is connected to a 1768-L43S. The kicker is they communicating wireless. I am getting random comm faults from the IB8S card which in turn drops out my safety circuit. This can happen anywhere from a few times a day to sometimes nothing for a couple of days. I checked off all the suggestions mentioned above.

Thanks again

One more thing I failed to mention. I have two setups like this and both are producing the same faults. One more than the other.

Thnaks

Have you measured the quality of your wireless connection? It could be that communications really is dropping out.

What wireless setup are you using?

Obviously, the quickest test would be to temporarily hardwire this connection and see if it still faults.

What is the RPI of the module? What is your maximum observed network delay?

How critical is the timing? Are your safety distances far enough and reaction time fast enough that increasing the RPI or increasing the Timeout Multiplier and/or Network Delay Multiplier possible?