Can I program the old Siemens S5 with Step 7?

Can I program the old Siemens S5 with Step 7?

I need to make some small changes to several old Siemens S5 and neither my customer nor I have any software or cable to do it. Can anyone tell me if Step 7 is the latest software version from siemens? Can it handle all S5 CPU’s?

I need to purchase the software and the programming cable and have not idea where to begin. Local distributor knows any more than I do.

I tried Siemens’ web site but I simply gave up. Too big and too…

Any Help will be appreciated it.

Thanks

Andy

No you cannot use the S7 software to program the S5 PLC's.
The S5 PLC's also use a TTY (20mA) interface so you will need a converter from RS232 to 20mA;
the Siemens part number for this is 6ES5 734 1BD20.

Goto www.plcman.co.uk for more information

Hope this helps

Steve

format C:

You were right Step 7 do not work with S5 PLC's.

The software you recommended the S5 for Windows®, have you tried it.

This program cost close to $700.00? I need to identify close to 20 variables so I can get their real time values into an HMI.

Also I just need to modify a few rungs and add another few. What is you experience with it?

Thanks