Losing IO config over Ethernet

rixer

Need some help here please. I am updating some 5/04 to 5/05, using an existing program. I changed the processor and have the program downloaded using the DF1 driver over the RS232 connection. I have set up the Ethernet on Ch.1 and have downloaded that as well. I can go online over Ethernet, but cannot get the processor to enter RUN mode. When this happens, the processor faults out. The reason is that my IO configuration has changed from the original file. I have a 10 slot rack and it continues to think that I have a 7 slot rack, and all of the IO are incorrect. I can go back to the DF1 driver, and go online with the processor and my IO config. is still correct. What am I missing here?

Hello,
Open program. Expand the folder called CONTROLLER. I assume you changed the processor type in this directory but under (i)or controller properties. You will also need to double check the I/O configuration (same directory). This is where you select the backplane (# of slot chassis), and other I/O components. Save program.

I had originally changed the rack config during the initial download using DF1 driver. I went online and could get the processor to RUN state. It was only after I switched to the Ethernet driver that I could not get the processor to switch to RUN state. I could get online through Ethernet, but only in the program state. Do I have to do another rack config. just to switch drivers?

Also, after numerous times of going back and forth between DF1 and Ethernet drivers, I would "Read IO Config" from the I/O config folder. Each time using the DF1 driver, the config was correct. Each time with the Ethernet driver it was not. I'm sure that I am missing something small here, but do not know what. Thanks for the help

This sounds like a bug or quirk in RSLogix500, and not anything you did wrong.

You may want to try exporting your file as an archive (Save As, *.ACH) then re-import it and download again. This has fixed corrupted .rss files for me caused by different, but similar issues.

You're chasing the I/O definition in circles.

Just change the I/O definition offline, save the project to disk, and download it with the proper size rack configuration.

You're chasing the I/O definition in circles.

Just change the I/O definition offline, save the project to disk, and download it with the proper size rack configuration.

Thanks for the help, but I have tried this exact process multiple times. As soon as I make the rack size change, save it, then download it, I run into the same issue mentioned above. I will try to merge the two files per OkiePC's example to see if this helps.