Rfid / barcode reader

yasirkhi

Hello Everyone,

I was asked to search for barcode reader, so the operator can use their access card to sign in at cell to collect the data.

Currently we are using SLC5/05 with panelview 550 on cells. I suggested to use RFID reader each cell and provide FOBs to each operator.

Does somebody know which one is good? Can RFID link on ethernet directly?

Thanks.

It all sounds good but i dont think this will be easy. We have the same vision at our company. What is the purpose of the identification system Access? Logging of user data? This will determine where you should connect your device to. In my mind you dont manage application security at PLC layer.

The purpose of the verification system will determine what system it should be connected to. Your security system will have a database that contains all login data access levels ect i think that is where you must start. You will need to develop some custom scripts in all likely hood to get this information. Contact the security company that handles your control access system and try to understand what platforms their software operates on.

Last edited: