Kinetix 5500 Port Recover

oldnerd

Hello all need a little help. I inavertenly unchecked both radio boxes on the IP ports of a Kinetix 5500 drive and can not find out how to recover. Searched the manuals, and the web, can not find how to set to factory default or reset the ports. Thank You for your help in advance.

If your wondering how I managed to do this, well, I was having net problems. Slow and I mean slow. Was trying to trouble shoot the net and started with the first CIP Axis drive. Unchecked the enable port on one port. Went back and meant to recheck it and unchecked the other port by mistake. The connection was gone and can not get back in. The static IP address is in the drive but the ports not being active I can not get in.
Im using a 1769-L36ERS controller(compactlogix) and 12 Kinetix 5500 drives.
6 2198-Hxx015 and 6 2198-Hxx003. Star, linear topology.

I can't find a documented means of resetting the drive without using Ethernet. you would think there should be a way to do it.

Maybe a combination of pressing the setup buttons on the drive? Did you try changing the IP address (remember to reset power after).

I think you may need RA Support for this. Please keep us updated - I'm sure you won't the last person to do this.

Thank You, I finally removed my head from my bumb. Connected the IP cable to the other end of the daisy chain connection and went in re-activated the ports.