Omron CJ1M Communication Problem

rey_henniges

Hi guys,

My first posting so please pardon my asking of a solution to my problem. I got this laptop witn xp professional service pak 3 when the other electrician decided to quit the company. My problem is the cx-programmer application software version 6.0 installed in it. I can connect to any omron family of cpu/s except for the cj1m cpu/s. We use mostly serial com to connect to our devices and machines. The message is as usual "Failed to connect to Plc etc, etc....", The cable is CS1W-CN626 and I am very sure it is good cable.

I am very frustrated when I have to borrow others laptop just to connect to a cj1m plc and carrying 2 laptops around the plant. I am sure all the necessary drivers are installed. Any ideas what is wrong here? Is this unsual or it is the windows registry being screwed up. Please help.

My suggestion is to upgrade your software.
Currently CX-Programmer is version 9.1
I am not exactly sure when the CJ1M's (version number) were added. Contact your local Omron distributor for upgrade pricing.

All of our laptops here are about same age and name and the ones with cx-programmer version 6.0 installed in it has no problem connecting to the cj1m plc/s except on this particular laptop. I also did once removed and re installed the application but nothing helped me. thanks.

Sounds like a driver problem with CX Server.
Did you use the CX-One removal tool before re-installing CX-One on the problem laptop?

Ray - I would suspect that the one you can't connect with is using a different protocol and/or speed.

Omron can use Hostlink, SysWay or Toolbus, and just about any speed from 1200 to 130Kbaud.

Did you try the Auto-online?

Go to Tools, Network, Find PLCs - I think that is roughly the commands.

RT

Thank guys for putting your attention to the matter and to answer the above; yes, I did properly removed the program using the removal tool from the package and also yes I tried every protocol there is offered, neither auto-onlining. Could it be my allen bradley softwares is causing it. Only on this particular cj1m cpu I cannot connect other families are fine.

Yes, AB software can cause problems 'grabbing' the serial port.
I have seen threads here about it before and some notes about making it a manual operation to use it and not automatic.
try a search on this site about the problem.