OMRON CQ1 and NT600S

Alex Pel

Hello All.

I have no experience with Omron PLC and I am asked to find the problem in the working system. I have:

PLC – SYSMAC CQ1 CPU45-V1;

Soft - CX-PROGRAMMER 3.0;

HMI – NT600S (connected to PLC by the RS-232C method)

Soft – NT Support (can’t remember exact ver.)

I have uploaded the PLC program to CX-PROGRAMMER.

My problem is: - I couldn’t get on-line to NT600S.

Is it possible communication: PC (NT Support) -> CQ1 CPU45 - > NT600S?

Also I tried: PC (NT Support) -> NT600S? Unsuccessfully, may be wrong cable. Tomorrow I will try existing cable that connects CQ1 CPU45 - > NT600S.

I will be highly appreciated for any consideration

I think you can set the comms path to go though the processor, has been a while since I have done it, but from memory the function is there.

Just had a quick look, doesn't look like you can go through the NT support tool, you can with NS-Designer, or the new CX_designer.

The cable should be the same as the one you used to upload the PLC file.
With the NT screens however, you have to enable connection. I cannot find the manual on this procedure, but you press 2 corners of the NT screen, and then follow the menu system to enable transfer.

Hope this helps

Use this cable to connect PC (NT Support Tool) to NT600S.

PCtoNTcable.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks a lot. I was away from my computer over weekend. “Pressing 2 corners” it is the news for me, think it will help. I have already made the cable; wiring taken from OMRON web site. It is the same as IO_Rack said except last two missing conductors. I’ll try tomorrow.

Thanks everybody. It works. I pressed two corners and went to transfer mode. After that successfully uploaded the HMI NT600S.