You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old August 5th, 2019, 01:37 PM   #1
allende
South Africa

One Shot Instruction

Hello everyone,
I am a beginner in PLC programming and I need your help. I am trying to use a one-shot instruction in my program just to see how it works but the challenge that i have is that when I actuate my n/o input and click on 1 scan the one shot is actuated ()turns green on the first rung but on the second rung nothing is happening. My second rung has two instructions, it has one n/o input with the same OSR address (A/0) and output O/1. I thought I was supposed to see the input & output on the second run activated. Am I missing something? Thank you...
Old August 5th, 2019, 02:07 PM   #2
VAN
United States

Can you post the code?

One shot should only be active for one scan, so if it's part of an output you'd see it go on and immediately off. (realistically you wouldn't see it change state)
Old August 5th, 2019, 02:08 PM   #3
willxfmr
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Try this arrangement and see if you get a different result.

Rung 1:NO input, OSR, Latched Output.
Rung 2: Different NO input, Unlatch for the Output on Rung 1.

This should give you a better idea of how the OSR behaves.

Bubba.
“Now will come the nay-sayers with all the reasons why you shouldn't do this. Some of them are teachers, and some of us are doers. Besides, you have got to let the smoke out of this equipment every now and then, or it starts to clog up the chimney.”
~Lancie1
Old August 5th, 2019, 04:00 PM   #4
Skidood
Canada

If you are using Rockwell Software, look at the ONS instruction, instead of the OSR. When I started out, I started with the OSR since it seemed easier to understand and utilize than the ONS, however i quickly realized that a ONS was the way to go, for me anyway. With a ONS you don't need to create any extra latch bits or worry about storage bits etc. Not sure if that suits your ladder logic but just a shot in the dark. You basically place the ONS right after all input instructions on the rung and then all the outputs (branched or not) you want to one-shot are placed after it on the same rung.

Last edited by Skidood; August 5th, 2019 at 04:02 PM.
Old August 5th, 2019, 05:10 PM   #5
Mickey
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

AB implements the "OSR" instruction differently depending on the PLC you are using.

What is the model of PLC you have?

If you can, post a screen shot of the 2 rungs in question.

See pdFS

If its osr2 then you will need a different address for that OSR (same as an "ONS) instruction in rung 2.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf osr1.pdf (113.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: pdf osr2.pdf (171.6 KB, 14 views)

If you want happiness for an hour-take a nap. If you want happiness for a day-go fishing. If you want happiness for a month-getmarried. If you want happiness for a year-inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime-help someone else.
----- Chinese Proverb

Last edited by Mickey; August 5th, 2019 at 05:32 PM.
Old August 6th, 2019, 01:37 PM   #6
allende
South Africa

finally got it...

Hello guys, thank you so much for the comments, they were really enlightening. I managed to get the program for the ONS, OSR and the OSF running properly. I am grateful for all the information you have shared!
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum