PLC pulse generator

tibko79

Hello

Is there any possibility to generate pulse with frequency higher than 1 kHz (time period less than 1ms) using S-300 ? Maybe it is possible using some SFC's.

Is it possible also read so high frequency signal ? ( from example signal from incremental counter of electric drive ). Thanks

tibko79 said:
Hello

Is there any possibility to generate pulse with frequency higher than 1 kHz (time period less than 1ms) using S-300 ? Maybe it is possible using some SFC's.

Is it possible also read so high frequency signal ? ( from example signal from incremental counter of electric drive ). Thanks
This link is to the spec sheets for S7-300 standard models. The simple answer to your question is yes. Some models have integrated functions that can read incremental encoders up to 60KHZ and pulse output at 2.5KHZ.
http://automation.usa.siemens.com/autogen/docs/plc/s73/dl/S7-300_CPU_specs.pdf

Pusle Generator on S7-300

There is a FM 353 Positioning Module 6ES7 353-1AH01-0AE0 that you can use although is is primarily for Stepper positioning and can be tough to implement. A better solution if you have profibus or can use an ET200S CPU is a pulse output module designed for the ET200S line. Its part number is 6ES7 138-4DD00-0AB0. This is by far easier to configure. It will require you to add an ET200S Drop on profibus or use a ET200S CPU with this item in the rack.