You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old June 21st, 2005, 04:13 AM   #1
dwcy
Hong Kong

s7 314 CPU replace by s7 315 CPU

There is a system which is use S7-314 (6ES7 314-1AF10-0AB0) as the CPU. My problem is that the the working memory of the CPU (48kB) is full. But I need to add more program. So, I want to change the existing S7-314 (6ES7 314-1AF10-0AB0) to CPU 315-2 DP (6ES7 315-2AG10-0AB0) which working memory is 128kB.

I want to know when I change the CPU, how many thing do I need to modify the existing program? Such as the hardware config, network config, etc..

Dennis
Old June 21st, 2005, 04:27 AM   #2
dchartier
Canada

Hello Dennis;

If the CPU is all you want to change in your project, then you can do it easily in Harware config.
For security purposes (and your peace of mind) start by creating a duplicate or an archive of the existing project; less hair-pulling if something does nott go quite right...
Open the HardwareConfig editor of your working project. Just drag the new CPU model (from the hardware catalog) over the CPU314 in Rack 0, slot 2. There is a setting in the Options menu that allows you to swap modules. If all goes right, you will be asked if you want to transfer the existing program to the new CPU (of course you do!). Just make sure to check the MPI and Profibus addresses of the new CPU, and specific CPU properties, suc as Clock byte and memory retention (this is not transfered); all other information from existing modules and networks should be retained.

Hope this helps,

Daniel Chartier
Old June 21st, 2005, 05:39 AM   #3
dwcy
Hong Kong

Thank you very much!
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum