Replacing Program on a Micrologix

sopenco

Okay, I'm new to MicroLogix and a little lost here. I've searched my AB references, Google and this forum and still can't find the knowledge I need.

I have an ML1400 and I simply wish to replace the program in memory with a different program written offline.

I've tried upload, going online, clearing the PLC memory, and still, it closes my offline work and goes to the blank / empty program in memory. Even when I edit THAT program, it won't allow me to save changes.

I'm connected over ethernet, RSLinx appears to be working fine, I'm using the latest versions of that and RSLogix 5000 if any of that's relevent.

As always - I'm grateful for any help / guidance I can get along the way with this...

Also, if you want to take an offline program and put it into the PLC memory, you need to download, not upload.

Download = PC to PLC
Upload = PLC to PC

Hey, sorry - I did hit the zero one too many times. I use both 5000 and 500, I honestly didn't mean to suggest that I was using 5000 to try to communicate with a ML1400. I'm using 500 with RSS files. :)

Dmroeder - thank you! That was the stupid mistake I really WAS making that was the source of all my woes. That seems so a55-backwards to me, but it is what it is I suppose. Thanks (all)!!

I believe the definitions of upload and download are derived from a concept of "more intelligent/controlling computer" and "less intelligent/slave computer".

In this case the "more intelligent" is your PC, the "less intelligent" is the PLC

Upload is "less Intelligent" -> "more intelligent"
Download is "more intelligent" -> "less intelligent"

In the case of your PC and internet servers the roles are reversed.