Panelview 1000 Security

AGIESKE

I have a customer who wants 4 levels of security access with about 80 access codes to the screens on a Allen Bradley Panelview 1000. Normally the Panelview 1000 only has 16 available access codes. I am interfacing with a SLC 5/05. My question, is anyone aware of existing code in the SLC series that can accomodate this many access codes, that is to secure the Panelview screens throught PLC code. Thanks
AGieske

I don't know of any "canned" code to do this, but with a lot of compare statements in your SLC, I'm sure it can be made to work. I wouldn't want to be the one programming or maintaining it though!

Hopefully someone else has a better way to address this.

Good luck,

Marc

Try using a File Search and Compare (FSC) for each screen you can go to. Set up a data table for each screen with the security codes and use the search block to see if that code is "good" so that the user can access that screen. This is a pretty clean way and no compare statements to mess with.

Last edited: