PLC Issues

Lary

The next project I am working on as an AB CompactLogix 1769-L30ERM PLC with RSL 5000 on it. I keep getting: Failed to instantiate Module Prolife errors. What is the best way to fix this issue? :mad:

PLC Pic.png

Lary, a little friendly advice. There are lots of people willing to help you through the issues you’ve been having, but you need to give a lot more information in your posts. Folks don’t like to take the time to ask questions about The Who what when where.

What Dock was getting at was that it is helpful to know a little more. Like the version of RSLogix and the verion of Windows. Providing that up front helps us help you more quickly.

Rockwell's Tech Note on this message says that all versions of the Logix 5000 software must be uninstalled, including all module profiles (option when uninstalling). Then reinstall.

I am assuming you are using version 20. Just be aware there may be newer revisions of version 20 than what you have. 20.05 is the newest revision of version 20.

OG

I just finished installing RSLogix 5000(20.05) on my laptop that runs Windows 10 pro on it. I tried going into the properties of the analog card connected to the PLC and this is the error that I received(Image attached). Before I decided to come back to this thread i looked a little deeper on this error. I read that when installing the software i'm supposed to get a checkbox to check so the profiles get installed. When I installed RSL5000 this is the options I get(image attached). Is there an easy way to overcome this obstacle?

PLC Pic.png rsl5000.png

For some modules like redundancy module there is a addon Extentsion (.msi or .Exe) that need to be run so that when you right click it will open up the specific configurator. So for adding such as a RM module you need to install the .EDS file and the specific Addon.