FactoryTalk View SE default display based on computer name

Gener

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have client files running on panel pc in different building all over our facility. I am wanting the display that is built for that building to open by default based on the computer name that is running the client. I have tried a ton of ideas with no luck. I am guess it will most likely be a VBA solution. Any help would be fantastic!!!

I usually just create different client runtime configs for different locations. Easy to do. Each config can have their own startup settings.

OG

ID: BF2389 | Access Levels: TechConnect
FactoryTalk View SE : How to execute different code based on computer name

after hours of trying to figure it out, I did so just after posting this.
Thanks for the replies.

Private Sub Display_AnimationStart()
Dim NodeName As String
NodeName = Environ("COMPUTERNAME")

Text1.Caption = NodeName

If NodeName = "PPCSUB38" Then
Application.ShowDisplay ("SUB38OVERVIEW")
ElseIf NodeName = "PPCDSB6" Then
Application.ShowDisplay ("DSB6Overview")
Else: Application.ShowDisplay ("Splash")
End If

End Sub