Read PowerFlex 700 VFD Parameters into SCADA program

Ones_Zeros

Hello,
I have a AB Powerflex 700 VFD drive that I have connected to our network via a CAT5 cable to a switch.

I would like to read various parameters like (freguency, amps, & voltage) from the Powerflex 700 into our SCADA program (Wonderware). How would I read these parameters, by name or by a register number?

thanks for helping

If those parameters are already part of a "DataLink" cyclic connection between a ControlLogix and the PowerFlex drive, then you can read their names as part of the Input and Output tags for that drive.

If they are not, and you want to read them directly from the drive into Wonderware, the simplest way to do so is to treat the drive like it's an SLC-5/05 controller. It emulates a SLC-500 style Data Table registers, one for each readable parameter.

The emulated data tables are N150 through N199. Check out the 20-COMM-ER user manual for details.