Is it possible to convert FTV 10 SE to FTV 8.1 SE

majuPLC

Hello,

I am updating a project that uses FTView 8.1 SE Network station. During layoff due to Covid, I made the changes but it was with FTView 10 SE network station. Well, my changes won't be accepted by 8.1. I have tried everything I can think of. Importing the gfx files, etc.

Unfortunately, according to Rockwell, I cannot update to FTV 10 on the machine due to hardware incompatability. It is running Windows 7 Professional SP1, Intel Core2 Duo CPU, L7400 @ 1.5GHz 1.5Ghz with 3 GB RAM 64 bit operating system.

Is there a way to save my work, or do I need to recreate in FTV 8.1? Thanks!

I don't have access to a copy of SE8.1, but it should be possible by exporting the screens as a .XML file and editing it. On the second line of the file you will see this string:

xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="Gfx-SE11.xsd"

If you also export a screen from SE8.1 you should be able to see that the string in quotations is a different version. Changing your screen so it matches the version will allow you to attempt to import.

Keep in mind that YMMV. If there are ANY features from SE10 that is on the screen then you will get an error with the offending line in the log. In my case it was usually something simple like using a colour animation that doesn't exist in previous versions.

Funny enough you can do the same thing when converting from SE to ME (and I imagine vice versa), although there are a few more changes that need to be made to the file. Saved me from having to completely re-design an HMI.

Clatchet

Thanks so much! by replacing "Gfx-SE11.xsd" with "Gfx-SE8.xsd", it started working.

I did, as you mentioned, have to change some other things that were not compatible, but it directed you where the errors were and by comparing to the older version I was able to rectify them. All good now.

Huge time saver and will come in handy if we run across again. Thanks!