How to connect to Siemens S7-200

If you put the PLC in the program mode the default comm settings will be applied to all the ports regardless what they are set to by the programmer. This only applies while in the program mode though.

Try this with your cable using the default settings in the PC/PG manager and see if you can get connected.

I forgot to mention that when I power on my PLC the SF red lamp is on and the run lamp is not turned on. What does SF mean??? Could that be preventing the connection of the PLC???

Ron Brown, What do you mean by putting it in Program mode? and how do I do that?

I forgot to mention that when I power on my PLC the SF red lamp is on and the run lamp is not turned on. What does SF mean??? Could that be preventing the connection of the PLC???

LOL... small detail, SF = System Fault

Buy another PLC and replace it

I never thought the SF lamp could be the problem preventing me from connecting to it as I already have machines that are working fine and the SF lamp in their CPUs is on and the communication to the drive is working fine as well. Plus, I have recently unboxed that PLC, so it's brand new and never been used by anyone before.

I have never had a 200 with a SF and it still be in working order... there are other Siemens that will run with a fault

You can use a 'wipe out' program to recover some issues (like password) but you still need to be able to communicate to it

If the SF is on and you can not communicate to it then its a bad CPU (IMO)

If its a new CPU send it back and have them replace it