What is the Difference between M and I Inputs ?

Any name

Hello,
I want to ask about the difference between I and M Inputs and what is the best situation to use each one of them ?

Thank You

What software?

For Siemens, I is input, M is memory. So M is not an input, but an internal memory address.

What software?

For Siemens, I is input, M is memory. So M is not an input, but an internal memory address.

My Software is Siemens TIA portal,

Would you please give me an example ? When i need to Use I. I’m using M in my simulation and it worked very well.

You use I when you want to read an ("physical") input. I0.0 for bit, IW0 for word, etc.

You use Q when you want to write to an output.

These in and outputs can also be remote IO or profibus/profinet devices.