Install STEP5 on Win7

Toxafin

hi all,
im trying to check EPROM of siemens PLC U115 CPU 943B , and as i found its required STEP5 software but the required OS is Win xp or older so is there any way to operate step5 on win7 or is there anyway else to check EPROM ...

thank u,

Maybe on a VM running XP, I would get S5 for Windows

https://www.ibhsoftec.com/S5W-Eng

Also you will need to use a serial to USB adapter for the TTY cable but the Siemens software will not let you use a USB adapter so your PC will need a true serial port

If you have an important machine or process that is running with an S5 CPU, and you cannot migrate to a newer PLC in the short term, then I would follow genius' advice and get S5 for Windows and the USB adapter. It is not even that expensive.

If you choose to try to install Siemens STEP5 in a VM, then you still need an adapter to go online. The USB adapter from IBH works also with Siemens STEP5 (V7.16 or higher).

I was never able to get a USB adapter to work with Step5, only S5 for Windows... if there PC has a serial port then they can just use a serial cable but most W7 machines do not have serial ports