RSLogix 500 Download Error

osamamalhy

Greetings
i have a PLC station SLC 5/03
i do upload the application program from it and able to go online with the CPU .
when i do any modification to the code that i do upload even i try to change any variables values and try to download it to the processor ,i have the below massage

{Download failed , Program is incompatible with processor}

kindly notes that the program i try to re download is the one that is exist in the CPU and Running

kindly advice

This is an old issue that I've seen quite a few times before...

7728 - RSLogix 500 - Program is incompatible with processor
Access Level: TechConnect

Basically, the program running in the processor can become a little corrupted. To knock it back into shape the first thing to try is a simple power cycle of the controller and then attempt a Download.

If that doesn't work, then try temporarily changing the "Processor Type" under "Controller Properties" to a different processor. Perform a "Verify Project" for the entire project and it will shuffle the Data Table file around. Then change the "Processor Type" back to the original and perform another "Verify Project". This will reshuffle the Data Table files back into shape as they should be. Then attempt a Download again and hopefully it should work.

Regards,
George