Rose mount Smart Transmitter

turbohamad

Hello Experts,

Good day. I want some clarity on the smart transmitters. If a transmitter have a range define on the name plate is 0 to 300" W.C can i set URV above than the mentioned range on the name plate?

I know we change URV less than the range which already define on the Transmitter. One of my colleague said we can change URV as we want. But i am not agree with him. we can set URV less than the range define on name plate but not above that value.

Please guide me and if any doc. available regarding this please share the link or DOC.

Regards

Typically a transmitter is designed for maximum range, you can then use any range with those predefined limits. So if a pressure transmitter is rated for 0-15 bar, you cannot use it for 20 bar.

Ken

Hello Experts,

Good day. I want some clarity on the smart transmitters. If a transmitter have a range define on the name plate is 0 to 300" W.C can i set URV above than the mentioned range on the name plate?

I know we change URV less than the range which already define on the Transmitter. One of my colleague said we can change URV as we want. But i am not agree with him. we can set URV less than the range define on name plate but not above that value.

Please guide me and if any doc. available regarding this please share the link or DOC.

Regards

usually the part number of the transmitter will define the range. for instance, you transmitter may be 0-2000 psi from the factory but was also ordered to be calibrated to 0-1500 psi. usually the nameplate will show the calibrated range and then the maximum range. you obviously cant go past the maximum range.

My experience is the same as diat150’s.

All the vendors offer an option for factory configuration (setting LRV/URV) or custom calibration to a specific range.

The ID tag can be stamped with either.

You need to find the spec sheet for that model and decode the model/part number, one character of which will be the maximum range.

If you range it above a custom calibrated URV range, it might not meet spec because of a slope shift, but depending on what you’re using it for, it’s probably ’good enough’.

Hello expert;

The model number of the transmitter 3051-CD1A73A1AKDL4M5.
On the name plate calibration range 0-15 inches of water col. Maximum WP 2000 PSI supply voltage 10 to 55 Vdc.

Can i use this transmitter 0 to 300 inches of water col. by changing the URV from 15 to 300 inches of water col?

What mean by the 0 to 2000 PSI WP?

Regards

Maximum range is -25 to +25 inH2O according to datasheet.

Max WP means Max working pressure which is the static pressure, not applicable to difference pressure measuring range.

Edit: You need a 3051-CD3 instead of a 3051-CD1

Last edited:
Hello;

Yes i have 3051-CD3A73A1AKSL. Its range is 0 to 300 inches of water col.

My question is that can i set its URV 450 inches of water col?

Regards

Yes, the CD3 has a range of -1000 to +1000 inH2O.

edit: Just beware of the difference from your other model, KD vs KS in the model number, depending on what type of environment/safety requirements your putting this in.

KD = FM, CSA, and ATEX Explosion-proof, Intrinsically Safe (combination of K5, C6, I1, and E8)

Last edited: