IFIX version 2.5 license keys

smdhome

Hello, I are trying to setup an old Intellution IFIX version 2.5 system (with 2 HMI PCs). I currently have only one IFIX developer software key (parallel port type) but I really need 2. What is the best way to acquire one or more additional IFIX license keys? I will need at least one more for the second PC. Is there any alternative to the hardware key? Thank you for any suggestions in advance. -Shawn. ([email protected])

iFix key are backward compatible. So you can always get a current version key and it should work. However, I never tried something as old as 2.5 though.

Thanks. But these are parallel port keys. GE said they do not sell them anymore. IFIX is on 2 very old Xycom touch screen PCs running WinXP without USB ports. So, I think I may need to buy a parallel port key on Ebay or something.

I missed that.

I'm sure you considered it but I would really push for an upgrade/conversion to some more supportable.

Yes. Our contract is to upgrade the HMI. But we need to make the current product functional to start.

Does anyone know if the IFix 2.5 licenses are transferable? Or if I was to buy a later version (3.0) would it allow the software we have to run? I am considering buying this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Intellutio...m=183371316978&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

But I really have no idea if it would work. Thanks for any advice in advance.

I've used iFix 5 keys to run 4.5, but I've never tried it w/ 2.5.
Reasonable chance the 3.0 keys will run the 2.5 software but no guarantee.

Only v3.0 and up are "supported" under WinXP so you are already at a disadvantage from an official support position.

Can you install 4.0 over the 2.5 install? You can get keys for those. bu tthe way they have this locked down, you will need iFix support to assist you.