Changing out an invertert with a VFD

Ours have to be rest every time the lines gets restarted or a e stop gets pushed and then we have to push the PU button and then run again I can't seem to find how to adjust it so it wont need to e reset so much.

Most likely your motor is too small for the load and the VFD (inverter drive, same thing) is protecting the motor from thermal overload. That's why it is making you wait before restarting it, it is forcing you to let the motor cool off. It's also possible that the VFD is not properly set up for the motor, the application, or the environment. There are likely fault codes that are being displayed on the VFD, you need learn what they mean.

If the VFD faults every time the line stops and you have to reset the fault before you can restart, the first thing you need to do is check the fault code before you reset. Armed with the fault code you RTFM to find the suggested remedy for that fault code. That's troubleshooting 101.

Exactly. Figure out what the fault is for, then work to remedy that. Perhaps under estop conditions, there is output contactors that are opening before the drive is disabled, thus causing the fault. The remedy that that is not replace the drive.

Ours have to be rest every time the lines gets restarted or a e stop gets pushed and then we have to push the PU button and then run again I can't seem to find how to adjust it so it wont need to e reset so much.

We have one Mitsubishi drive out of a dozen or so that faults in the same fashion. It’s the only one that does it.

Something to the effect of signal timing.

Greg: I'm local. If you want me to take a look at the problem and offer a solution, contact me.

VFD / VSD / Inverter, etc. get thrown around as the same term. Like all of our language these days, accuracy has little to do with it. As Steve pointed out, the Inverter section of a VFD is just part of the whole. There's a Rectifier, Filter, Power Supply and Control Section as well.

Don't even get me started on the acronyms and text message-induced-abbreviations...