Vfd Communication over long distance

rohit_plc

Hello,

We need to communicate Mitsubishi vfd (E700 Series) of around 32no's over a long distance around 2000meter from Mitsubishi PLC control room. individual distance between vfd's is around 400meters and nearest Vfd from control room is at around 1200 meter. Which Network Architecture and Protocol needs to be used.Plz share your experiences. Thanks

thanks all for reply

I want to know what is the maximum distance between two station (between two vfd's) and master plc. Not found any satisfactory answer in manual. Because in this case distance between two vfd is around 400-500 meters. Will CC-link network work with this much vfd to vfd distances ??

I know the B&B units will work at much greater distances. They have direct RS 485 ports. No adapters need once they are set up they work good. Give then a call that will help you

thanks all for reply
I want to know what is the maximum distance between two station (between two vfd's) and master plc. Not found any satisfactory answer in manual. Because in this case distance between two vfd is around 400-500 meters. Will CC-link network work with this much vfd to vfd distances ??
Only if you had 2 or 3 VFD's maximum.

It's in the manual I posted earlier. Page 29. Link.
If you run at the slowest speed, the maximum length of your entire network is 1200 meters. It won't work without repeaters, or fiber adapters.

Use the B&B I set one u years ago if I remember we had about 30 vfd's on the network with 1 master
use them as a wire replacement for an RS485 network
range of about 20 miles should do everything you want easy setup with great tech support