OT: PLC/SCADA Commissioning Test sheets

RheinhardtP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi All,

Im looking for an off the shelf product that generates test sheets from templates that easy to manage with an easy to use interface.

We have used macros to good success in the past but it would be nice to give a task like this to someone that is not a software developer.

Are you aware of any packages out there that would do this task.

I find testing procedures very interesting and have excel as the user interface to define tests and than automatically run them. But what do you mean by templates? How can any testing rules themself be automatically generated for any but the most trivial tests?

In another life, our company had default worksheets.

what I did was to create a default project folder with subfolders and all required testing, program modification, change order documents.

when we got a job, just copy that folder into customer folder working file folder and rename the folder to the job name.

life got much easier then.

james

i agree it is hard to automate complex tests. But i can see scope for automation an I/O check sheet or a 4-20 loop check etc

For full on functional checks of sequences etc it would be a lot of work to create somthing that may or may be useable again and you would still need to review and edit so I would probably create that manually

cjd1965,

we had check sheets for all I/o, analog in/out, and pid loops, ground loop impedance , and several others.
the analog and pid loops had setpoint worksheets for us to write in the calibration data in case someone changed it and forgot what the setpoints were.

james

So when i say templates im thinking of a plant that has 1000 drives, some VSD some softstarter some DOL. The design for the variations are the same as well as the function blocks and SCADA templates used.

I agree that specific complex and sequence type sheets need to be done ad hoc and i am fine with that but i dont see why i should have to create 1500 analog in test sheets that all look the same bar some alarms that arent enabled.

The same can be said for the drives, starter types ect.

I dont want to automate the testing , i want to automate the task of mass creating hundreds of sheets that i need for site acceptance.