Valuable lesson

Snap25

Lifetime Supporting Member
I learned a valuable lesson today..

DON’T forget to bolt down the HMI in your pedestal cabinet before opening!

CCD1F891-94AA-46F2-9F8B-72FFF703F4F4.jpg 5E797739-E34D-4CCB-B804-76ACD47A27B7.jpg

I’m going to pick it back up and carry it back through the production floor and “accidentally” have an operator run into me, then drop it! “Damnit, Bobby. Look what you did!”

Last edited:
Just tell the distributor it looked like that out of the box :ROFLMAO:

Rockwell can use our tech connect money to replace it.

Reminds me of a time working for an OEM, they didn't want to pay for our shipping and insurance which was £350, so he got some geezer with a van to do it (for a 150 mile journey)

5 hours later they received a quote for £1500 for a replacement HMI, as they guy has smashed it unloading it from his transit van.

We had an apprentice drop and smash a brand new Panelview Plus 1250 once. We asked him what had happened, and he said "it was heavy".

Done something similar, forgot to lock the cover window, swung open super fast and broke because it was a POS. I religiously hold anything on the front now when moving the door if it's not secured yet.

Just make sure you aren't terminating with an uninsulated driver when you do that :D

I was working on a panel in a cramped pump room and so I removed the door and had it (with HMI mounted in it) leaning against the passenger side of my truck. At lunchtime I hopped in the truck and drove off. I heard a thump as the panel slapped to the ground. It was a Red Lion G09 and came through unharmed. I learned a lesson that day: Always lean things against the driver's door so they aren't forgotten.

Is that a Red Lion Graphite HMI?
If so I had a G306 repaired recently for a very reasonable price. I think it was $250. Maybe you can get it repaired for a fraction of a replacement.